Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Manufactured River-Inspiration and Persperation


Stalked Ciliate Carchesium
silk, cotton , linen embellishments
40"h x 29"w
This month I have six drawings in a group show at Chicago Art Source. If you have a chance, please stop by and see the show.

This month I have been feverishly working away making the quilted backs for all my microbe pieces. Each piece  measures 40" x 29 and there are 8 microbes. The work is paying off because the presentation will look very polished! I'm getting ready to show the work at WATERCON 2013 in Springfield, IL.

In order to appease my muse while I am working away on rather dull projects, I am playing in my sketchbooks. You can see a couple of pages below.

Audio books are a wonderful companion to studio work and I've been listening to The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. HeLa cells are used everywhere but this author investigated the life of the woman from whose body those cells originated from. A fascinating listen or read.



Here is yet another amazing  microbe.






No comments: