Dyed Silk Organza
Well, I still can't talk about my new direction. But here is a snap shot of my studio table at the moment. I have yards of dyed silk organza I'm ripping into.
Last week, I had a really down day. I have no idea why sometimes, negative thoughts take up so much space in my brain and unreasonably squeeze out all the good stuff. I decided to write down everything I had done professionally since January 1: to take a more objective inventory. This made me feel much better about the state of my career.
So here they are
1) I've nearly filled up a 200 page sketchbook with new ideas
2) Had 2 big meetings with government agency's (This is the secret stuff)
3)Began new work on above secret project which is very exciting and a joy to work on.
4) Mailed out 15 proposal packages and have already gotten my first rejection. (Evidence that I really am a working artist...how's that for spin)
5) Learned how to use Mail Chimp for a nice professional looking news letter. (It's free)
6) Was asked to participate in painting a rain barrel for a charity event this spring.
7) Got a great letter of recommendation from Chief Tanksley sure to earn me a place of honor in the great art studio in the sky after I pass on.
8) Booked a slot in a grant writing seminar. (Sigh....a necessary evil.)
9) Booked 3 paid speaking engagements and 2 solo shows for this year.
So, not a bad beginning to the year!